Sunday, January 22, 2012

thank goodness for coffee....


...and the clarity it brings! I finally sat down at the frame this morning, after running out of good excuses for delaying and being overwhelmed with guilt. After a quick breakfast of scrambled eggs and sweet salsa (my favourite: 3 pepper blast), I sat down with a cup of green tea and got to work. I settled in quite quickly and was soon pulling loops – and regretting my delay in getting started... (sadly, it isn't going to hook itself!)

After a couple of hours, I stopped for a break to make a latte. When I sat back down and took a look at what I'd accomplished so far....within minutes, I discovered a problem. After a quick double-take at where the squares were starting and stopping, I instantly saw my grievous error: I was off by 1.5"! Basically half of what I'd done needed to be ripped out. I don't know how I managed to miss it before, in all of my many checks....but I am oh, so grateful that I discovered it now. And so early in the process. A major PHEW!

So if you haven't had your cup of coffee yet today, I encourage you to do so....you just never know what you might be missing without it! :-)